Monday, September 04, 2006

Crikey

You likely know by now that Steve Irwin, the Crocodile Hunter, was killed by a stingray earlier today. I wanted to mention it here, because my husband and I are fans of The Crocodile Hunter (we even have the movie on DVD).

Irwin seemed like a nifty guy -- larger than life, but kind and intelligent, and enormously passionate about what he did for a living. Watching his show, you couldn't help but be fascinated by whatever he was talking about.

I think some people liked to mock The Crocodile Hunter, because of Irwin's unaffected and enthusiastic style. But I liked it. I found his love for wildlife, particularly those of his native Australia, charming; and, even though I thought he was a bit crazy at times, I admired the way he cheerfully embraced the considerable risk involved with what he did. It's the stuff of legends.

Sorry to see ya go, mate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Testing ...

<< Home