Saturday, January 08, 2005

Egg Nog Pancake III

OK, for those of you who must absolutely make a ridiculous egg nog pancake, not just an ordinary one mind you, but one of these suckers



Here's the recipe
6 eggs (not kidding)
1 and 1/3 cups gourmet Egg Nog
1 cup all purpose flour
3/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
1/2 cup sliced almonds (optional, but I recommend them)
Fruit flavored pancake syrup, such as blueberry or strawberry

Preheat oven to 425 deg F, Mix eggs in a large mixing bowl with electric mixer or food processor with metal blade. Add egg nog, flour and nutmeg. Mix until blended. The batter will be slightly lumpy.

Place butter in a 9" x 13" baking dish. Place in oven until melted and sizzling; do not let it brown. Remove from oven and immediately pour batter into pan. Sprinkle top with almonds, if desired. Bake in middle or lower third of oven for 15-20 minutes or until puffed and golden. Serve immediately with syrup.

Makes 6 servings.

Recipe developed by cookbook author Marlene Sorosky Gray.
It's from the back of the Safeway Select Gourmet Egg Nog. Here's a picture I snapped of myself taking a big swig from the ol' carton



Notice the Ralph Bakshi Lord of the Rings calendar from 1979 in the background. I frequently look at it for the day's date, but then I end up a little confused until I remember that it's not current. And the month is random, corresponding to whatever Jake the Army likes best at the time.

2 Comments:

Blogger Graham With said...

I made this and it is identical to your photo! I thought I screwed up the recipe but apparently not. The 1/2 cup of butter and 6 eggs is disgusting.

11/30/2008 4:56 PM  
Blogger carnaby said...

Nice! Merry Christmas!

11/30/2008 8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Testing ...

<< Home