Tuesday, January 04, 2005

A Nice Message from the Brady Campaign

The Brady Campaign sent me a nice message. Here's what they have to say
Thank You for being part of the solution to the gun violence epidemic. Your dedication to solving the problem of gun violence in America is truly an inspiration.
Why, Sarah, you're welcome. I have been working hard to promote gun ownership and CCW in the USA to help stem the tide of bad guys doing bad things. She follows this with
I have vowed to make it our life's mission to make sure gun violence in America is one day a thing of the past.
Well, that's a nice, but unrealistic, goal. In a similar vein, I'm working to minimize criminal gun violence while protecting the right of citizens of the USA to keep and bear arms for any reason they choose.
As chair of the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence, I have been able to work to achieve my goal. The Brady Center educates the public about gun violence, helps gun violence victims have their day in court, and works to enact and enforce sensible gun policies that save lives.
I'll just let that stand on its own.
If you believe like we do in an America where all are safe in their homes, in their schools, in their churches, and in their communities, please consider a tax-deductible donation to the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence this holiday season.
Looks like it's Brady time for a reality check.
Together we can make this dream a reality.
Well, you did fund some lawsuits along with some annoying and criminal legislation that added extra costs to my guns and infringed on my second amendment rights, so I will consider a nice donation from you to me. I figure you owe me a couple of nice guns, say a Kimber Tactical Pro II and a Springfield SOCOM 16. That comes to about $2350, plus tax and shipping, for a grand total of, say, $2700. Please remit.

P.S. They don't publish this on their website (I wonder why :p) but the Brady email address is in fact sarahbrady@bradycampaign.org in case you have some polite but instructive messages for her/them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Testing ...

<< Home