Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Are we not men?

GenderAnalyzer sez there's an 83% chance that we here at Fudge are men. Since I'm a woman, and post with about the same frequency as Carnaby, maybe it should have been about 50%. Then again, I am a Nerd God(dess).

Here's the breakdown for my favorite blogs:

Michelle Malkin - woman, 73% (accurate)
Dirty Harry's Place - man, 89% (accurate)
Kim du Toit - man, 67% (accurate)
The Smallest Minority - man, 66% (accurate)
Rachel Lucas - man, 63% (inaccurate)

Here's the breakdown for some left-wing blogs, some of which feature a variety of diarists of both sexes:

Huffington Post - woman, 100% (variety, probably inaccurate)
The Daily Kos - man, 67% (variety, ?)
Think Progress - man, 65% (variety, ?)
Wonkette - man, 53% but "quite gender neutral" (inaccurate)
Deltoid - woman, 99% (inaccurate)

[h/t Robb Allen @ Sharp as a Marble, who was correctly identified as a man.]

6 Comments:

Blogger Kevin said...

WRT Deltoid, it might not be so wrong. I'm reminded of a line from the original Ghostbusters film:

"It's true, your Honor. The man has no dick."

(Word verification: larges. Coincidence? I think not!)

11/26/2008 7:02 PM  
Blogger Stickwick Stapers said...

LOL!!!

11/26/2008 7:53 PM  
Blogger Russell said...

It appears that I'm female "We think http://solarvoid.wordpress.com is written by a woman (67%)" This will shocking news to my wife and kids.

Perhaps I should talk about football and NASCAR ;)

12/01/2008 8:34 AM  
Blogger mikej said...

GenderAnalyzer says there's a 59% probability that my blog is written by a man, but is quite gender neutral. I don't know how much of my stuff it analyzed, but I doubt that it looked at "Minute of Bad Guy."

12/02/2008 6:36 AM  
Blogger Stickwick Stapers said...

Hmmm.

I'd like to know what the algorithm's criteria are.

12/03/2008 7:34 PM  
Blogger mikej said...

Actually, I went back and had it analyze "Minute of Bad Guy," in which I identify myself as average white boy, among other things. It thinks that the piece was written by a woman (55%), "although it's quite gender neutral." Whatever its algorithm is, it doesn't work.

12/04/2008 11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Testing ...

<< Home