Saturday, November 08, 2008

Sako 85 Range Report!

Finally got to take the Sako 85 Hunter out for a quality range trip. The rifle lived up to expectations. Here's my targetSako TargetI started out with the just over an inch group at the top left after two warm up low-power shots. I was trying out some new 180gn Nosler AccuBond loads and shot two light loads just to make sure everything was on the up and up. The scope was also just remounted, so I moved closer to zero with those first two shots.

My next group is that one at the far left. Three rounds inside of about 3/4". Not bad! Then I finished up with the top right group. Afterward, I hauled out my trusty old Savage in 300 win mag and put together those two groups in the black. I have it sighted approx 2" high at 100yds for hunting, so those results are quite good for me.

Last, my buddy at the range had his Springfield M1A National Match handy, so I put three rounds downrange and got that nice ~1" group at far right. All in all, a decent trip to the range!

3 Comments:

Blogger Stickwick Stapers said...

As the Finns would say, hyva homma!

Not to be pedantic, but Sako should be written SAKO, since it's an acronym (stands for Suojeluskuntain Ase ja Konepaja Oy which, roughly translated, means Civil Guard Weapons Factory).

11/09/2008 1:37 PM  
Blogger New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

What range? 25 yards? 200 yards?

11/13/2008 1:24 PM  
Blogger carnaby said...

100yds, the standard sort of thing :)

11/13/2008 1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Testing ...

<< Home