Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Screw it

I'm voting for McCain. I hate it. I'm holding my nose. I'm going to do penance afterwards.

While the thought of an Obama presidency is truly unspeakably horrible, that's not what changed my mind. What changed my mind is that the media and others are trying to skew perception to make an Obama victory seem inevitable. So that's it. To hell with them. Just for that, I'm voting for McCain.

UPDATE: Here's an analysis by Zombie that confirms my reasons to vote for McCain, i.e. vote AGAINST media manipulation.

5 Comments:

Blogger mikej said...

Yes! One more dead Obama voter cancelled!

I'm going to say five Hail Marys and forego my nightly glass of red wine on election day. I hope I'm not committing the sin of presumption, but the deed must be done.

10/22/2008 4:57 PM  
Blogger Russell said...

Welcome to the Dark Side!

And nuts to the MSM!

Ya know, for all their talk about being individuals, the left sure likes to travel in herds...

10/22/2008 7:35 PM  
Blogger mikej said...

The Zombietime piece is interesting. The author overlooks, however, a much simpler explanation for the skewed polls: working white people refuse to participate. When some stranger calls to waste your time at the end of a working day, do you allow him to do so? As far as I know, all the members of my peer group (white male engineers) tell pollsters to do something anatomically impossible, and then hang up. Needless to say, none of the preceding should be construed to imply that the leftist "news media" do not engage in intentional deception.

10/23/2008 6:40 PM  
Blogger mikej said...

Just in case you need further convincing, read this piece by Stanley Kurtz about the CRA, ACORN, Barack Obama, and the financial disaster.

10/24/2008 6:59 AM  
Blogger Rufus T. Firefly said...

Stickwick,

Glad to hear you're voting! It's such a valuable right. If it's any consolation Michael Medved has a piece on those who think not voting for McCain will hasten the coming of another Reagan, http://michaelmedved.townhall.com/blog/g/e014ec7f-fcff-409b-a55a-0e2f0be2cdd8

10/24/2008 12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Testing ...

<< Home