Sunday, December 17, 2006

Ko-Tonics AR-15 6.8spc Range Report!

I finally made it to the range, but then I forgot my camera, d'oh! I've got some pics below of the targets that resulted. Also, unfortunately, since the power was out all over Western Washington, most of the ranges around here were closed, so I had to go to the Kenmore Rifle Range. Now, the Kenmore range is a very nice facility for precision shooting, it's got a 100yd range open to the public with lots of stations, spotting scopes and all that, but they only allow one round in the magazine at a time. Argh! So I wasn't able to test the Ko-Tonics upper for feeding and higher rates of fire. That said, the Ko-Tonics upper was a joy to shoot. I was on paper at 100 yards on the first shot, and the first group was pretty good. I dialed it in, and here's the result


The lower group was shot first with a cold rifle. I dialed it in and hit all in the black but one at the top. The other shots outside the black are my .300 win mag shooting at the orange dots.



The circled shots here are my Savage .300 Win Mag again. Lower left and lower right were shot by my buddies, while my groups are top left. The topmost left group is five shots. Not bad. The rest are the Ko-Tonics AR with about half the shots rested and the other half off-hand. I was using Remington 115gn rounds, as well as hand loaded 115gn Hornady BTHP's over 27gn Hodgdon H322. I loaded up some hotter rounds with 28.2gn H322, which is the max recommended by by Lee. Everything shot very well, chambered and extracted perfectly.

The Ko-Tonics upper functioned flawlessly and I am very pleased. When Tim's 18" uppers become available in the new year, I'm going to be in line.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Conservative UAW Guy said...

Nice groups.
Merry Christmas to you and yours!

12/26/2006 12:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Buy up the Remington ammo while you can. Word over at AR15.com and lightfighter forums is that Remington is dropping the 6.8 SPC.

2/15/2007 11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Testing ...

<< Home