Saturday, December 02, 2006

Who Was That Masked Man?

A couple months ago I posted that I didn't care for the draft. Someone who actually reads this blog commented that I rubbed him the wrong way and wouldn't be back. Then Kim du Toit posted at his sight that he thought the draft was proper and neccessary in the right circumstances. I was surprised at how many agreed in comments.

I wonder who the person was who objected to my stand on the draft in comments on this sight. My mind is open to the topic, especially since I learned that the constitution does seem to provide for it (ignorance was bliss). Then Stickwick jumped the gun and told said reader to "not let the door hit him on the way out."

Whoever you are, I hope you come back.

1 Comments:

Blogger Stickwick Stapers said...

Then Stickwick jumped the gun and told said reader to "not let the door hit him on the way out."

Yes, I did. I think it was an overly-emotional, girly thing for said reader to do. It has the same character as what petulant wives do when their husbands won't agree with them on a topic -- issuing a big pronouncement thinking that it will either a) make him agree with her; or b) if he still refuses to agree, make him feel guilty and horrible about it. It's not becoming of a man to act this way. (It's not particularly becoming of a woman, either, but at least it's feminine nature.)

I'm glad you are the way you are, Ben. I'm much less patient and forgiving with people, but, thankfully, you're the type who wants to mend fences.

12/03/2006 9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Testing ...

<< Home