Thursday, November 30, 2006

cARnaby-15 Build

It's true! Carnaby is building an AR in 6.8spc. This kicks butt. I've got my lower, a nice Mega Gator, that I bought FTF and so saved the FFL fee and sales tax. Lower parts kit, buttstock and buffer tube/spring came from RB Precision. Prices are very reasonable, and the lower parts kit comes with some of the springs and what not pre-assembled.

Here's the super fancy A2 buttstock

I'll update with a pic of my assembled lower when it's complete this weekend.

Note: If your internet moniker has the letters AR in it, then you must highlight that in the name or your AR, as in cARnaby-15. This is compulsory and failure to comply will result in revocation of gun-nut status.

Interestingly, I was talking on the phone with one of the folks at RB Precision and I had to ask why the heck are so many gun makers located in Illinois??? She answered that yeah, it does kinda boggle the mind that they would be located in such an anti-gun state, but that many or most of the outfits there were created by people who got their start at the major manufacturers who've been there for a while. I guess that makes sense, but it sure sucks.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carnaby,

That's pretty sweet. I thought you were waiting until January or February in the new year?

I know I've been out of it for awhile, but I was planning on an AR build after I finished the 1911 build.

No sweat. Looks good so far.


Take care,

Benjamin

12/01/2006 11:17 AM  
Blogger carnaby said...

Nut, yeah, sorry, I am going to wait, it's just that I got the lower started early, but I'll wait till February/March to do the upper. I'll send you an email about events with the Upper, very interesting stuff.

12/01/2006 11:21 AM  
Blogger carnaby said...

btw, that lower cost $206 exactly for all the components, including the Mega Gator lower receiver. I got it from a guy I know, so it was a FTF private transfer, in state, and so did not have to go through an FFL for the usual $30+ fee and no shipping cost. I suggest that you look for one local, either on THR, or maybe arfcom.

12/01/2006 11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Testing ...

<< Home