Friday, December 01, 2006

Group AR-15 in 6.8spc Blog Review!

Here it is, the announcement you've all been waiting for. Or not. But nevertheless, here it is. I've tentatively talked Benjamin at Reasonablenut, and Uncle at SayUncle into a group blog build of AR-15's in 6.8spc. As you can see, I've got my lower together already, it just worked out that way.

The original idea was to build our AR's in the early new year, say February/March 2007, probably using simple kits from model1sales. Instead, I've got my lower parts in nice packages from RB-precision (DPMS, I think), and I've decided to go with Ko-Tonics for my upper. Tim at Ko-Tonics makes some nice looking uppers, and he also does lowers and custom colored coatings. Nice! Here's one of his uppers

The uppers have mid-length gas systems to slow down the action cycling, M4 feed ramp cuts, and lots of other choice features.

Tim is going to be getting in some 18" barrels for a new batch of uppers. He currently only has 16" barreled uppers, but they look mighty fine. And here's the Clincher: I've organized a group blog review of one of Tim's Ko-Tonics uppers! He's sending it out to me first, then it goes on to Kevin, at The Smallest Minority, then on to Benjamin at Reasonablenut, and lastly, on to SayUncle who will share it with Tam. If all goes well, I'll be buying one of these uppers from Tim.

Keep your eyes open for updates!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Word over at ar15.com and lightfighter is that Remington is dropping the 6.8 SPC.

2/15/2007 11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Testing ...

<< Home