Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Thirty Random Things

Purloined from Mostly Cajun. I love these things, because they require so little effort, and masquerade as actual blog content.

1. Have you ever been searched by the cops?
If Canadian border guards count, then yes, but they only searched my car.

2. Do you close your eyes on roller coaster?
No. Not seeing what's happening just increases the scare-factor.

3. When's the last time you've been sledding?
Winter 1985 or thereabouts. My last memory of sledding includes a crazy uncle, an enormous innertube, and a 30 mph crash into a barbed-wire fence.

4. Would you rather sleep with someone else, or alone?
With someone else. My biggest reward of the day is snuggling up to the bodily warmness that is my husband.

5. Do you believe in ghosts?
Hmm. I don't disbelieve, but I don't have any compelling reason to really believe.

6. Do you consider yourself creative?
Yes.

7. Do you think O.J. killed his wife?
I honestly have some doubts about this. Not convinced either way.

8. Jennifer Aniston or Angelina Jolie?
For what? In terms of cinematic watchability, I'll go with Angelina Jolie. She may be strange, but at least she's interesting. Govindini at Libertas described Jennifer Aniston as the personification of mindless mediocrity, and I agree with that assessment.

9. Can you honestly say you know ANYTHING about politics?
Sure. I know as much as anyone needs to know, which is that power corrupts.

10. Do you know how to play poker?
Yes, but not terribly well. I played in a serious tournament once, and was surprised at the level of skill -- both in terms of the mechanics of the game as well as the psychological aspect -- required to play well.

11. Have you ever been awake for 48 hours straight?
No. Longest was 36 hours in order to meet a project deadline.

12. What's your favorite commercial?
Can't say, as I don't watch TV anymore, and commercials are at least 50% of the reason why I cut the cable.

13. Who was your first love?
My husband is the only man I've ever loved. But if you mean my first crush, then I think it was Warren back in the 2nd grade.

14. If you're driving in the middle of the night, and no one is around you, do you run a red light?
No, because doing so virtually guarantees that Mr. Policeman is lying in wait around some corner. Stop signs in the middle of nowhere late at night are another matter, though.

15. Do you have a secret that no one knows but you?
No. When I finally admitted that I had a lifelong crush on Sylvester Stallone, that was the last of my great secrets.

16. Boston Red Sox or New York Yankees?
Baseball ain't my thing. Ask me about hockey!

17. Have you ever been Ice Skating?
I grew up in Northern B.C. -- schools flood the tennis courts every winter so kids can ice-skate during recess and lunch.

18. How often do you remember your dreams?
About half the time. A lot of them are rather disturbing, which is perhaps to balance my privileged and sheltered waking life.

19. What's the one thing on your mind?
Why am I here? For what purpose was I created?

20. Do you always wear your seat belt?
Always. I don't think it should be mandatory, but I, personally, have no desire to become street pizza.

21. What talent do you wish you had?
Some kind of musical talent, either singing or playing an instrument like guitar/violin/piano.

22. Do you like Sushi?
Yes. Boring old California Roll is my favorite.

23. What do you wear to bed?
Sometimes PJs, other times never-you-mind.

24. Do you truly hate anyone?
No. But there are ideas, movements, ideologies, and actions that I truly hate.

25. If you could sleep with one famous person, who would it be?
No one. Let's replace "sleep" with "go on a date" and I'd pick Charlton Heston circa Ben Hur. Yowzers!

26. Do you know anyone in jail?
Personally? No. Insert mandatory line about the people you know who should be in jail. Actually, I don't know any of those either.

27. What food do you find disgusting?
Chitterlings. Tried them in Paris last summer, and it's the only food I've ever tasted that struck me as an excellent form of punishment.

28. Have you ever made fun of your friends behind their back?
Yes, but not in a malicious way. One of the things I enjoy most about my friends is their foibles.

29. Have you ever been punched in the face?
No. I don't know many women who have. Thank goodness for double-standards!

30. Do you believe in angels and demons?
Yes, but not in the traditional anthropomorphic sense. I do believe in what C.S. Lewis describes as pure intelligences, and that some sort of unseen spiritual warfare is taking place.

[For the record, Dale, I looked up "balut" and, amazingly, it sounds even more disgusting than chitterlings.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Testing ...

<< Home