Monday, April 04, 2005

I was going to post about BBQ ribs

So here they are and yes, they were as good as they look. Cooked on the grill wrapped in foil for 2 hours at about 250F, rubbed 24 hours in advance with the rub from Steven Raichlen's book. Finally, topped of with some of my favorite, Stubb's BBQ sauce.

Now to the real topic. I'm laughing that there is any shock at the latest Canadian political scandal. See here. This has been brewing for a long time. The Liberal government has had at least a couple scandals that just fizzled (the "lost" $2 billion and the gun registry), so it's not surprising that they finally bit off more than they could chew. That's Canadian politics... scandal, ho-hum electorate, further abuse totally ignored by the citizens, finally a huge scandal.

The only thing the Canadian electorate gets excited about is any mention of change to their "one tier health care." I like that one the best. I've posted other examples of how crappy that thing is here somewhere before. Now a new one... my wife's step-mom's mother is due for cataract surgery to replace a lens in her eye. She is going to have both eyes done, 3 months apart to make sure the first one takes before doing the second. That's fine. Now, she's had a couple fainting spells and needs to have an EKG to make sure her heart is OK, but she has to WAIT (like all good Canadians) for 6 months! Could she have a major problem? Yes! Could she die of a treatable condition while she waits? Yes! What kind of bullshit is this? It's the super-wonderful Canadian health care system, where private care is ILLEGAL, no kidding.

I don't know how I got onto this, or where it's going... oh yeah, Canada sucks and I'm not going back. Not until I can get a CCW, they reverse the severe tax and spend crap, and nix the "universal health care system." Then maybe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Testing ...

<< Home