Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Does John Edwards Know the Meaning of "Hypocrite"?

Here's the headline: Edwards: Americans should sacrifice their SUVs

And the first line from the story
Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards told a labor group he would ask Americans to make a big sacrifice: their sport utility vehicles.
I'll think about it when you give up your gigantic mansion. Dang but he makes me angry.Then he goes on to say
Edwards got a standing ovation when he said weapons and equipment used by America's military needs to be made in the United States. He says tanks and ammunition for M16 rifles are being made in other countries.
Er, like, Edwards obviously didn't get the memo: American Ammo makers are working at capacity, and ammo prices are at record highs. I don't even know where he gets his info, but I have a feeling he's full of crap anyway. Anyone have the facts on this?

Whatever, he's a dope. It is time for the Edwards campaign to fold so that one of two things happen: Either we get the sure to be defeated invincible Clinton/Obama team (Kinda reminds me of Bill/Opus: This time, why not the worst - thanks for reminding me of that one, Stickwick), which to watch go down in flames at election time will please almost everyone, except maybe Castro. Or else we get Bill Richardson, and I actually consider voting Democrat for a change. It's win/win. I suppose the alternative of watching Edwards lose a second time, and lose badly, very badly, would be fun too, but not as fun as the Clinton/Obama debacle.

Now if the Republicans could just pick a good candidate. They keep scaring me with nitwits like Giuliani and Romney. Yikes!

5 Comments:

Blogger mikej said...

According to Defense Industry Daily, the Army did issue emergency ammo contracts to Israeli and South Korean firms in 2004. Apparently, we're tacking reactive armor designed by an Israeli firm but supplied by General Dynamics onto Bradley fighting vehicles. That's all that I can easily find on the subject of foreign suppliers to our military.

I'm thinking of giving up my SUV. My Suburban is ten years old, and I'd like to replace it with a one ton, dual wheel Chevy truck.

I'm not sure that I'd wish the presidency on anybody. In the next presidential term, the Baby Boomers are going to begin demanding their Social Security and Medicare benefits. The Chinese have already been threatening to dump their U.S. T-bills, and they're not going to take kindly to the creation of all that new Monopoly money. I expect an economic disaster, which will, of course, be blamed on the incumbent president. As P. J. O'Rourke wrote in Parliament of Whores, the president is not just an administrator. He's our divine priest-king.

8/29/2007 8:22 AM  
Blogger The Conservative UAW Guy said...

Heck, we couldn't even sell our last batch of T bills.
About %10, and everyone else said, thanks - but no thanks.

Scary.

8/29/2007 6:16 PM  
Blogger Russell said...

I'd ask Edwards to take a long walk off a short pier.

8/29/2007 7:29 PM  
Blogger mikej said...

Conservative UAW guy,

Have you got a reference on that T-bill sale? I can't find anything. A recent Wall Street Journal story says that investors are going into T-bills because their gun-shy about commercial paper.

By the way, forgot to mention that I want the extended cab and Duramax diesel on that truck.

8/30/2007 6:21 AM  
Blogger Francis W. Porretto said...

Unfortunately, the best candidates on the Right are too far down the food chain to have a real shot at the White House: Duncan Hunter and Tom Tancredo. If Fred Thompson declares, he'd be more than acceptable, but he's pussyfooted around for a long time; at this point, his viability is in doubt.

8/31/2007 2:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Testing ...

<< Home