Friday, January 04, 2008

Is the ATF Really that Evil?

Apparently so.
"By the way, I am very empathetic to your problems with the Treasury Department's Waffen SS. My house burned down about a year ago. I almost died trying to find my dog in the smoke and flames, but I could not find him. The fire started in the garage from faulty electrical wiring. and the flames had engulfed the entire garage within a couple of minutes.

Unfortunately, I had just filled 3 bar-b-que propane tanks that day and set them in the garage. When those exploded, the additional heat caused my hunting ammunition and cabinet full of paint cans to explode. All of that was bad enough, but then my oxy/accedaline tanks exploded and the blast shook the neighborhood.

After the fire was out, I had the painful task of burying my dog. I could hardly see the hole I was digging through all the tears in my eyes. I had just laid him to rest when an ATF agent walked up and started asking me questions. He said that he had just listened to the 911 calls that had come in from the neighbors when the fire started. He said that there were 14 calls, and 8 of them reported bombs going off inside the garage. I explained that the neighbors simply heard the paint cans, ammunition, and black powder exploding from the heat. At that point he said, "Tell me more about the black powder, because as it stands you are facing 10 years." WHAT? Ten years for 10-20 lbs. of black powder? I told him that the law allows an individual to keep 50 lbs at home, and I had no where near that amount. He told me that in "His Town", he expects a phone call if I keep as much as a firecracker at my house. Since I had not been in contact with him, he said he was inclined to believe that my black powder was intended for bomb manufacturing. I told him a jury would hear the truth and see that the whole thing is absolutely ridiculous! He then told me that jury's are simply decorative ornaments in court cases the ATF is involved with, because the Federal Government does not lose. After two hours of questioning me and threatening me with prison, he wrote me a $500 "fireworks" citation. He told me I better count my blessings and be happy with just a citation.

When he handed me that citation, I was absolutely stunned. I said, "last night I lost my house and all of my possessions to the fire, I just buried my dog that I loved like a child, and you are writing me a $500.00 "fireworks" citation for having 20 lbs of black powder in my garage?" His response, again, was "yes, count your blessings." Before he left, he said, "Be aware that the ATF knows who you are now and where you live.....You better not cross paths with us again".

Cross paths with them??? My house burned down for God's sake! I didn't cross paths with those evil bastards. They found me, and then victimized me when I was at the lowest point in my life! I don't have as much as a traffic ticket on my record, but the ATF is "watching me" now?"
Via Red's Trading Post.

4 Comments:

Blogger Stickwick Stapers said...

The ATF is an organization gone mad with power. Bullying people like this serves no purpose, and the total lack of compassion is psychopathic.

We need a president who either gets rid of the ATF altogether or puts some severe reins on it, including a whole lot of accountability.

1/05/2008 9:36 AM  
Blogger BobG said...

Why does this not surprise me?

1/05/2008 1:44 PM  
Blogger carnaby said...

True, Stickwick, but what the President really needs to do is fire everyone in a position of authority to set an example. Chuck the lot of them and tell anyone new that they'll get the same treatment because if you're not part of the solution, then you're part of the problem.

1/05/2008 3:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"We need a president who either gets rid of the ATF altogether or puts some severe reins on it, including a whole lot of accountability."

Ron Paul, all the way!

I found your blog from scienceblogs.com and the John Lott debate-- good work for arguing our side. When your debating opponents are reduced to saying, "Anyone who disagrees with me is clinically insane," you know you've done a great job arguing your case.

1/21/2008 10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Testing ...

<< Home