Sunday, December 30, 2007

Fred Thompson 2008

It's official. Carnaby Fudge is 100% behind Fred Thompson. I've been waffling on my choice for president for some time now, but Fred's latest has me decided:
I am not consumed by personal ambition. I will not be devastated if I don't do it. I want the people to have the best president they can have.
...
But nowadays, it's all about fire in the belly. I'm not sure in the world we live in today it's a good thing if a president has too much fire in the belly.
That's what I've been looking for. No career politicians. Nobody who will lie and flip flop to get elected. You know, I'd settle on a candidate who had that, was honest, and decent, even if I didn't agree entirely with their politics. It's a bonus for me that I seem to agree with Fred on policy issues.

Stickwick and I have long thought that a better way to choose the president would be for the population at large to simply draft someone who was right for the job. Kinda like jury duty. You're chosen, then you have no choice but to serve for two to four years. No campaigning, no ambition, just the right person at the right time. We don't have that, but we do have Thompson.

Go Fred!

5 Comments:

Blogger Spacemonkey said...

Welcome aboard!

12/30/2007 9:34 PM  
Blogger Winghunter said...

Glad to have you onboard Carnaby.

Although you wouldn't know it from all the crap the MSM has drooled about him but, not speak of his many solutions and policies that experts rave about but, he has been saying what you just wrote about since his speech in Orange County California.

If you need any material at all on Fred apart from his official website you can go here;
Fredipedia
http://fredipedia-us.blogspot.com/


If you need info on three of the four stooges you can go here;

Candidate Research Made Easy
http://sayanythingblog.com/readers/entry/candidate_research_know_who_youre_voting_for/

If you have questions about anything drop by www.draftfredthompson.com

Anyone there will be happy to help you on anything about Fred or the election.

Thanks!

12/30/2007 9:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to the club Carnaby! I can't imagine anyone else being President of the US!

12/30/2007 9:42 PM  
Blogger carnaby said...

Thanks for the welcome. Go Fred!

12/30/2007 11:46 PM  
Blogger kishke said...

I think it's less about fire in the belly than about staying power. (Read "What It Takes.") And anyone who's talking the way Thompson is hasn't got it.

1/01/2008 2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Testing ...

<< Home