Friday, June 29, 2007

Carnaby Reviews Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby

The worst movie I've seen in a long time. Boring and stupid. Completely pointless with humor that was probably dredged up by a 10 year old. I usually like Will Ferrell, but not in this one. Stupid and crude do not make humor by themselves, and the writer apparently missed that memo.

Every one of the jokes in the movie could have been just as easily replaced by a character simply saying "tits" into the camera. In fact, the movie would have been just as clever if it was thirty seconds long with one line: "I'm Ricky Bobby, Tits!"

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My thoughts exactly. being a NASCAR fan I was hoping that the movie with be fun, but no chance of that.

Totally un-funny, even for a 10 year old.

6/29/2007 10:27 AM  
Blogger Stickwick Stapers said...

You'll recall that Mom referred to these as poo-poo-ca-ca movies. Mr. Stapers and I call this kind of humor "Ow, my balls!" It's from the movie Idiocracy, in which people and the culture have devolved to the point where the #1 sitcom is a guy getting whacked in the nuts a million different ways and saying, "Ow, my balls!" Oh, the hilarity.

If you want a Will Ferrell movie that's actually funny and cute, rent Blades of Glory when it comes out.

6/30/2007 9:09 AM  
Blogger Russell said...

Did you see Anchorman?

Despite it's faults, and surreal elements, and that what-is-her-name's role could have been played by nearly anyone, I liked it.

Not a ringing endorsement, true, but it made me laugh a number of times.

7/03/2007 6:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Testing ...

<< Home