Sunday, April 01, 2007

The Weird 24 Movie Meme

Green updates by Carnaby:

1. Name a movie that you have seen more than 10 times.


Several, but I'll go with the obvious: the Star Wars trilogy.

Several, but I'll go with: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

2. Name a movie that you've seen multiple times in the theater.

Again, the Star Wars trilogy.

Same.

3. Name an actor that would make you more inclined to see a movie.

Will Ferrell.

Ed Harris.

4. Name an actor that would make you less likely to see a movie.

Either of the Jessicas -- Biel or Alba. It's nothing personal/political, they just both annoy the crap out of me.

Dustin Hoffman.

5. Name a movie that you can and do quote from.

Erik the Viking. "Olaf Tryggvason used to throw up on every single voyage... the whole time... non-stop... puke... puke... puke." "Look! I don't feel bad about it. I just feel ill."

Also, Galaxy Quest. "By Grapthar's Hammer... what a savings."

GBU: "God's not on our side because he hates idiots also."

6. Name a movie musical that you know all of the lyrics to all of the songs.

Uhhh... I know some of the words to some of the songs from The Sound of Music.

Fiddler on the Roof.

7. Name a movie that you have been known to sing along with.

The Sound of Music.

The Sound of Music, Fiddler on the Roof.

8. Name a movie that you would recommend everyone see.

300.

Serenity, but only after watching the entire Firefly series first.

9. Name a movie that you own.

I own two large bookshelves full of DVDs (overflowing) and several boxes full of VHS movies. It's an obsession. My latest acquisition was the Indiana Jones trilogy.

Star Trek: The Motion Picture

10. Name an actor that launched his/her entertainment career in another medium but who has surprised you with his/her acting chops.

Arnold Schwarzenegger, who of course started off his career as a world-renowned bodybuilder. I think he's one of the greatest action actors ever, but is also a charming comedic actor.

Since Stickwick swiped the obvious, I'm gonna go with, um, the Marine drill sergeant guy. Is being a real-life drill sergeant an entertainment career? If not, then I dunno.

11. Have you ever seen a movie in a drive-in? If so, what?

Yes, a few. I think the last one was Gremlins.

Yes, Poltergeist. I was 11 and couldn't sleep in the dark for a week. Stupid clown.

12. Ever made out in a movie?

No. I'm going to pay $8.50 to not watch a movie?

No, blech.

13. Name a movie that you keep meaning to see but just haven't yet gotten around to it.

The Passion of the Christ. I haven't worked up the nerve.

There's a bunch, but I always forget what they are. That's why I haven't seen them yet.

14. Ever walked out of a movie?

I've wanted to walk out of a few, but only actually walked out of one: Godzilla (the stupid new version with Matthew Broderick). A one-hundred-foot lizard is terrorizing the city, and yet the characters are too petty to put their bickering aside. I just couldn't take it.

Nope. Only been tempted once or twice out of boredom. I always toughed it out in the end, though.

15. Name a movie that made you cry in the theater.

The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. I cry at movies all the time.

There are two. I'll tell the first one, which is Ben Hur, the scenes involving Jesus. I won't mention the other one, too embarrassing.

16. Popcorn?

Sometimes. But I have a hard time getting over paying $4.50 for something that probably costs 3 cents to make.

Usually, but I often regret it since I typically get the extra-huge bucket and then eat the entire thing myself.

17. How often do you go to the movies (as opposed to renting them or watching them at home)?

Back in college, I used to go once or twice a week. But in the last several years movies have been pretty bad (and not the good kind of bad), so it's down to once every couple of months.

About once every two to four months. Not much in the last year or so as most of them weren't worth laying out that kinda dough for.

18. What’s the last movie you saw in the theater?

Blades of Glory. Good, silly fun.

300.

19. What’s your favorite/preferred genre of movie?

Used to be sci-fi, but they are mostly terrible now. Probably comedy or action.

Anything that combines action or sci-fi, or suspense, or whatever with GOOD DRAMA. I get bored in plain old action movies if they don't at least try to develop the characters. And I loathe and detest bad dialogue. Argh!

20. What’s the first movie you remember seeing in the theater?

Star Wars. I was six years old, and my dad took me and carnaby to see it. I was completely blown away.

Jeremiah Johnson, at the drive in. I remembered that I saw this strange movie, but I didn't know what it was called until a roommate brought it home one time. "Where can a man find bear, beaver, and other critters worth cash money when skinned?" Try saying that with a straight face.

21. What movie do you wish you had never seen?

Eyes Wide Shut. Terrible way for Kubrick to go out. Theaters should have distributed anti-depressants afterwards.

Blair Witch Project. I've never been so bored.

22. What is the weirdest movie you enjoyed?

Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan.

Cabin Boy.

23. What is the scariest movie you’ve seen?

Either Alien or The Thing.

Dunno. There were a lot of movies that were scary when I was a kid, but they don't scare me any more. I suppose The Thing is at the top of the list.

24. What is the funniest movie you’ve seen?

Either Life of Brian or The Big Lebowski.

Heh, yeah. And Super Troopers. Funniest movie I've seen in a while.

[h/t: The Smallest Minority]

2 Comments:

Blogger Stickwick Stapers said...

I dunno, carnaby. I thought I saw you crying your eyes out at E.T.... :P

4/05/2007 4:10 PM  
Blogger Erin O'Brien said...

The Big Lebowski: it's not just for breakfast anymore.

5/21/2007 6:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Testing ...

<< Home