Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Rebuking John Edwards

Among the benefits of being a Christian who knows his Bible, is that I know when and how to rebuke another "Christian". In this case, John Edwards who says:
"I think that Jesus would be disappointed in our ignoring the plight of those around us who are suffering and our focus on our own selfish short-term needs," Edwards told the site. "I think he would be appalled, actually."
The rebuking in this case is, since John is telling us our faults, from Luke 6:41-42:
41"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 42How can you say to your brother, 'Brother, let me take the speck out of your eye,' when you yourself fail to see the plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.
And in case John is wondering what I'm talking about:

1 Comments:

Blogger Russell said...

I couldn't care less if Edwards thinks Jesus is appalled by our actions as much as he and his ilk want to use the blunt, crude force of the State to make things 'better'.

That is what worries me.

And didn't Jesus say something about rendering to God what is God's and to Caesar what is Caesar's?

3/06/2007 8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Testing ...

<< Home