Saturday, October 15, 2005

NEVER FLY UNITED AIRLINES!

I cannot believe how crappy their customer service is. I made a reservation back in September to fly out on October 16th. Somehow a mistake was made and they booked me on the 15th. I didn't notice this on my itinerary until just this morning, and I got a stonewall on trying to change the reservation.

The way I figure it is this: Both United Airlines and myself are to blame, so the fair thing to do is meet in the middle and compromise. They were completely unwilling. Now I'm on a god-forsaken flight at 11pm tonight and I will be wiped out for my presentation on Monday morning, which, by the way, I'm scared to death of already on account of my audience is a bunch of super-smart people and very famous in this field. Arrgh!

Anyhow, the last straw was this: I got put back on the phone with the same grouchy manager whom I was dealing with before, and I asked him, "Don't you care that I'll never fly United again?" to which he responded, and I quote exactly, "No, I don't care!"

At which point I lost my composure and replied, "Well fuck you and fuck off!"

I hate doing that.

Now, contrast this with the unbelievably good customer service I've had from British Airlines, Amazon.com and countless other companies.

Note to United Airlines: THIS IS NOT HOW TO CONDUCT YOUR BUSINESS!!

I am so angry I can barely move. I think I'm going to explode. Wow.

Now, back to our regular programming.

1 Comments:

Blogger Stickwick Stapers said...

I agree with Carnaby that United stinks. I also don't care for Southwest, but that's only because it's cheapo. I've never flown Delta, but our mother swore them off after a bad trip to D.C.

Now I'll make a plug for the airlines I like.

Alaska/Horizon is great. Very professional, from the ticketing agents to the flight attendants. Plus, $40 upgrades to first-class if there are available seats!

American Airlines has been good so far. I try to fly American domestically wherever Alaska doesn't fly, and haven't had any complaints.

I took Continental to Europe, and those were pleasant flights.

10/16/2005 10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Testing ...

<< Home