Tuesday, May 24, 2005

I'm an Eowyn Voter

Ooh! (This is a bit old, but it's just too good to pass up.) Finally, some female activism I can get behind, and it's Tolkien-y to boot! Check out Warrior Women from The Resplendent Mango:
You mess with me and the people I love -- I take offense to that. You stand aside and let other people mess with me and the people I love -- I take offense to that too. I'm not a fan of war, I have no great desire to be a warblogger, but it is because I long for peace, true peace, that I choose to fight the war that is upon us. I choose to fight by blogging, I choose to fight by voting, and if I ever find myself in a situation where I have to physically fight for my life or for those around me, I will choose that as well. Terrorists would do well to remember the old adage, "If captured, don't let them give you to the women." Because we will protect ourselves and our families, and it won't be pretty.
Damn straight. Count me in, Mango, I'm an Eowyn Voter, too!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Testing ...

<< Home