Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Pardon me, but...

Michelle Malkin writes:
The Obamas also invited 60 Minutes to come film the family making tuna fish sandwiches earlier this year–you know, to show what a regular guy he is. Question: Who the hell puts Grey Poupon and gherkins (don’t ask me what those are, I have no idea) in tuna sandwiches for kids?
I do. My kids are 7 and 4, and I always put in a good blob of the Grey Poupon with the mayo. I'm no Obama supporter when it comes to politics, but I'm with him on tuna sandwiches.

And a gherkin is a small cucumber, the same exact ones that are used to make pickles. I prefer pickles in my tuna sandwiches, though.

Sorry, Michelle.

6 Comments:

Blogger Stickwick Stapers said...

Yeah, I agree with you on this one. Some of us redneck conservatives like our food a bit fancy, too. I have Grey Poupon and gherkins in my fridge, but we use them in potato salad.

7/09/2008 1:12 PM  
Blogger Russell said...

Good lands! He made that? Why didn't the nanny take care of it?

In truth, my kids like mahi-mahi, halibut or cod over plain tuna, but none of them would touch Grey Poupon or gherkins with a ten foot pole.

7/10/2008 1:43 PM  
Blogger Stickwick Stapers said...

Mahi-mahi? You elitist!

What does it make me that I feed my cats pure ahi tuna -- and lamb, duck, and rabbit for that matter? (No Grey Poupon, though.)

7/10/2008 5:06 PM  
Blogger Russell said...

Ah, I see you have bought into the catfood-industrial complex!

As long as it is dolphin free ahi tuna, lamb, duck, and rabbit, and organic to boot, free from growth hormones and biotics, you should only get a mummer of complaint from the Humans Suck! crowd.

So, elitist, but only when it comes to cats.

7/11/2008 6:33 AM  
Blogger Francis W. Porretto said...

There is but one correct way to make tuna salad, and it does not use Grey Poupon or any other sort of mustard, and beyond that, deponent sayeth not! (Have to protect the copyright.)

7/12/2008 3:40 PM  
Blogger Stickwick Stapers said...

Russ -- Actually, I'm about as far out of the petfood-industrial complex as I can get. You should see the junk that goes into even the best brand names. I buy the weirdo, organic, pure stuff from an "alternative" pet store. My cats love it, and they're a lot healthier.

Oh, sure, Fran. Get us worked up and then don't tell us!

One thing I hope we can all agree upon is that there is a wrong way to make tuna salad: with celery. Blech.

7/13/2008 10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Testing ...

<< Home