Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Mathews Genesis Pro

You may recall this video from a year or so ago of my son shooting his little 9 pound draw compound bow:



Well the little archer is growing up to the ripe age of seven. His new bow is a Mathews Genesis Pro that has an adjustable draw weight that ranges from 15-25 pounds. It also has an easily adjustable draw length, and at full draw it fits me, at 6 feet tall. Pretty neat, and it's good fun when you don't have time to go to the woods to shoot the rifles.



At under $200, it's quite a neat little bow. And it will last him at least 5 years. I'm very glad we went with the pro over the standard Genesis bow, as the extra 5 pounds max draw weight will give him an extra year or so of use. It also has tapped and drilled holes for sites, rests, and other accessories.

1 Comments:

Blogger NotClauswitz said...

Nice! I remember Archery was one of my most fun classes in HS...but we had nothing so advanced as that and I needed some protection on my forearm from the bowstring.

7/01/2008 1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Testing ...

<< Home