Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Philosophers

Sometimes amusing thoughts show up when you're standing at the urinal. Today I was agravated by some of the nitwits at capmag.com, one of my former favorite sites. Apparently the USA will become a theocracy in less than 50 years if the Democrats don't win some elections in the near future. This from the leading "Objectivist," Leonard Piekoff.

The thing I realized while I was taking a wiz was this: 1. Objectivism is kinda dumb. I outgrew it a while back. 2. The contribution of philosophy has primarily been the combination of both ordinary and seldom used words into brand new adjectnouns. For example, a particular sort of imperative, say, a categorical one. See, that's an adjectnoun, categorical imperative, contributed by a nitwit named Kant. Kant was smart, Kant was dumb, Kant thinked thoughts about his own bum. I don't even know what a categorical imperative is. It's right there on wikipedia, but I'm not going to look at it. I don't want to know. I've got all sorts of space in my noggin used up with useless crap, like the lyrics to most of the songs on Motley Crue's "Shout at the Devil" album, and I can't shake it no matter what I do. No need to waste any more room up there.

That's all I got.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Testing ...

<< Home