Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Fudge Movie Review: Miami Vice

It's a bit late, but now that Carnaby and I have both seen Miami Vice, it's time for our review. Here it is: Zzzzzzzzz.

This is one boring movie. About halfway through I was sorely tempted to walk out as I sensed the minutes, and then hours, of my life drifting into oblivion... My husband wanted to persevere, so we stayed.

Highlights: One sorta interesting female cop. A nifty speedboat.

At the end, we finally get police, drug lords, and assorted riff-raff together for a surprisingly dull and monotonous shoot-out. Possibly the most boring shoot-out in movie history. Realistic, yes, but I would have been more engaged by one of those old-time movie shoot-outs where you hear a *bang* and then some guy clutches his chest and falls to the ground.

As for the acting, having now seen this and the previous Colin Farrell trainwreck, Alexander, I have to wonder how this strategically-shaved monkey still gets movie roles. He was good in Tigerland and Minority Report, but methinks his time has passed. As for the rest of the cast, no one stood out, except maybe that female cop whose name I forget.

I forgot a lot of things about this movie already. Except that it managed to take the one and only good Phil Collins song and remake it into something that's just as boring as the rest of his music.

Bottom-line: if you're having difficulty clearing your mind of all conscious thought or you need entertainment that won't get in the way of a good snooze, see this movie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Testing ...

<< Home