Monday, December 26, 2005

7 Things

Rusticus at Solarvoid has tagged us for the 7 Things Meme, and we're always happy to oblige. (Carnaby's on vacation in the Great White North, and will respond when he gets back.)

Stickwick's 7 Things...


Seven things to do before I die (not necessarily in any given order)

Get back into good shape.
Have children.
Learn to play the piano.
Speak Finnish with proficiency.
Write a science fiction novel.
Get a Ph.D. in theology.
Travel into space.

Seven things I cannot do

Cut my hair short.
See without corrective lenses.
Watch horror movies.
Eat oranges.
Sleep through the night.
Imagine my life without my husband.
Imagine my life without Christ.

Seven things that attract me to my husband

His goodness/integrity.

His strength, both spiritual and physical.

His appearance. I've got a weakness for Viking types -- he's got beautiful blond hair and blue eyes, and the face of a Nordic angel. He looks like a cross between a young Rutger Hauer and Dolph Lundgren.

His sense of humor. A little deranged at times, but few people make me laugh as much as he does.

His kindness. He can be pretty grumbly and gruff at times, but when it comes down to it, I've seen few people actually do more for others than he does, and expect absolutely nothing in return.

His honesty. There is not a duplicitous bone in this man's body. He is incapable of scheming, lying, plotting, or betrayal.

His bravery. I love that he is willing to stand up to anyone or anything, if his beliefs demand it.

Seven things I say most often

Sami! (my husband's name)
Good grief.
Kissa perkele! ("devil kitty" -- to our cat)
The black hole - sigma relationship. (my thesis topic)
Fudge!
Hey!
How do you say _____ in Finnish?

Seven Books (or series) that I love

The Lord of the Rings, J.R.R. Tolkien
Space Trilogy, C.S. Lewis
The Fountainhead, Ayn Rand
The Dream of Eagles series, Jack Whyte
Contact, Carl Sagan
Anne of Green Gables series, L.M. Montgomery
The Count of Monte Cristo, Alexandre Dumas
Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen (actually, just about anything by Austen)

Seven Movies I watch over and over again

Star Wars (original trilogy)
Star Trek: The Motion Picture
Roxanne
Groundhog Day
The Lord of the Rings (Jackson, Bakshi, and Rankin-Bass versions)
Working Girl
Conan the Barbarian

Since this meme has already thoroughly made the rounds, I shan't tag anyone specific with it. If you are reading this and haven't already been called on, consider yourself tagged. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Testing ...

<< Home