Sunday, February 27, 2005

My (Our) Senior Year of High School

Yay, another blogmeme! (What's wrong with me that I love these?) Via Kevin at The Smallest Minority (who got this via Mostly Cajun) -- your Senior Year of High School (Stickwick in black; Carnaby in green):

What year was it?

1990.

1990.

What was your schedule?

Lessee... IB Physics, IB Calculus, IB English, IB Chemistry, Theory of Knowledge (another IB course), and some other stuff... architectural drafting and maybe social studies, I think.

IB Physics, IB Calculus, IB Chemistry, English, Drafting, Spanish, Electronics.

What were your favorite bands?

I didn't listen to music much in high school. Vivaldi and Pavarotti were about it (not bands, but that's all there was).

Jimi Hendrix, Led Zepellin, The Who, Aerosmith, Boccherini.

What was your favorite outfit?

If it was comfy and looked halfway civilized, then that's what I was wearing.

T-shirt and sweat shorts with torn butt.

What was up with your hair?

Not much. I was one of the few girls who didn't have huge hair back then. Usually a pony-tail or braid.

Plain-old short haircut (thankfully grew out of middle school mullet phase).

Who were your best friends?

The IB nerds.

Football teammates and one skater dude (still best friend).

Did you take the bus?

I don't think so -- I honesty can't remember how I got to school.

I remember, we shared a badly oxidized blue Ford Granada with a horn that sounded like a turkey gobble. Either that, or our Nana drove us, or my girlfriend.

What did you do after school?

Worked at my dad's fitness center as an instructor and receptionist, and then worked at the video store next door as an assistant manager. Exercised a lot, too.

Football during the season, snowboarding during the winter, and constant weightlifting.

Who did you have a crush on?

Nobody; I had a boyfriend.

I had a girlfriend at the time, but I also had a crush that had been ongoing for some time previous on another girl who shall remain nameless.

Did you fight with your parents?

No. Carnaby and I lived with our dad and grandparents. They were pretty easy to get along with.

What Stickwick said.

Who did you have a CELEBRITY crush on?

Sylvester Stallone in First Blood, Mel Gibson in the Road Warrior movies, Kurt Russell, Jeff Bridges, and the guy from the American Ninja movies. I had an intellectual crush on Howard Roark.

I don't recall.

Did you smoke cigarettes?

No. Barf.

No. Barf.

Did you lug all of your books around in your backpack all day because you were too nervous to find your locker?

No.

No.

Did you have a ‘clique’?

Not really. I hung out with the IB nerds, because they were the most fun, but I also spent a lot of time with the Asian students (my boyfriend at the time was from Laos) and with some "adults" I knew from the fitness center.

Not really. Sometimes the IB nerds, Sometimes the football team. Mostly my girlfriend (who is NOT Mrs. Fudge, thank God, BTW).

Did you have Chili’s? Denny’s?

No. We lived in British Columbia -- Boston Pizza or White Spot were the places to go.

Ditto.

Who did you want to be just like?

Arnold Schwarzenegger, in terms of success; my dad, in just about every other way.

Howard Roark. Sorta.

What did you want to be when you grew up?

A scientist, astronaut, architect, or restaurateur.

Aerospace Engineer.

Where did you think you’d be at the age you are now?

Fabulously wealthy and living in Scandinavia. I had a Viking fetish back then, and was too naive to realize that fabulous wealth and modern-day Scandinavia are mutually exclusive.

Not really sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Testing ...

<< Home