Friday, January 28, 2005

Sledge Hammer

I just discovered the TV series Sledge Hammer. For those of you who, like me, somehow made it through the late '80s without even hearing about this show, here is a brief synopsis.

The hero, after whom the series is named, is a rather violent Dirty Harry-esque cop. In fact, his car has a bumpersticker that announces "I ♥ Violence." He cleverly avoids police brutality by forcing a thug to beat himself unconscious, shoots targets with his .44 magnum in his apartment (eliciting loud complaints from his neighbors), neutralizes a sniper by demolishing the building the sniper's shooting from, and talks to his gun (named "Gun") -- all in the first episode.

And, talk about great one-liners...

"I don't read the papers. I prefer to get my information from more reliable sources, like rumor and small children."

"I'm a nihilist, not a stylist."



"Trust me. I know what I'm doing."

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was a great show during its run. I wish its run would have been much longer.

Kirk
www.limpidity.org/blog

1/30/2005 11:23 AM  
Blogger carnaby said...

yeah, I only barely remember it. It was cool though.

1/30/2005 11:43 PM  
Blogger Denise was Here said...

It was always one of my favorite shows too. So much so that I bought the DVD. I think it includes the first two seasons, but don't quote me on that. Very entertaining.

2/03/2005 12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Testing ...

<< Home