Friday, October 01, 2004

Shootin' Irons

These are some damn fine rifles. If I had the excess dough laying around I'd definitely have at least one of these. I wonder if Les Baer will ever chamber one of these things in something besides the poodleshooter, maybe 6.8 Rem SPC or 6.5 Grendel (yeah, like I know what I'm talking about).



Still, damn fine.

Not to mention their .45s, about as nice as it gets. I've got a serious hankerin' for the Monolith flavor



Definitely like to stuff that down my pants.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Les Baer is doing two versions of the 6.5 Grendel now! Check their website.

The 6.8 SPC just didn't have the inherent accuracy for Les Baer.

2/07/2007 12:09 PM  
Blogger carnaby said...

6.8spc are less accurate as a round? I didn't know that. I know it doesn't have the BC to reach out as well as the Grendel, but at 400 yds and under isn't it ok?

I'm more into Ed Brown 1911's now, and have neither, but someday hope to have both.

2/07/2007 12:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All of the 6.5 Grendel rifles are shooting 1/2 MOA or better with factory ammo. Handloads have gone as low as 0.2 MOA.

The 6.8 SPC rifles are shooting 1.5 MOA and higher with factory ammo - some recent magazine reviews show 3 to 5 MOA with factory 6.8s. There are folks handloading the 6.8 and managing to get 1.0 MOA.

4/26/2007 2:46 PM  
Blogger carnaby said...

Yeah, but the 6.5 Grendel rifles are made by fewer folks, and are very very nice rifles (like the Baer). The 6.8 SPC rifles are made by everyone, including Model 1 Sales and others. I wouldn't expect mil-spec (and worse) rifles to compete with Baers etc, so that's not really an apples to apples comparison you give.

4/29/2007 12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Testing ...

<< Home