Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Blasting

A buddy of mine and I went to the woods for some good old fashioned blasting today. He's only ever used his nearly new Springfield M1A National Match at the local range, which only allows one round in the magazine at a time. This is the result when you finally get to load up the mag full for the first time

Fun! Those national match sights really came in handy there. To be sure, he really does enjoy the precision stuff, and we did plenty of that, but the "run through the mag as fast as you can" thing had to be done. Needless to say, we're shooting into the side of a small mountain, so we know our target and what is beyond it.

I don't think I look half bad there on the TRP with eight rounds of .45 goodness. Notice that I've got my hunting beard going for the fall. The vid is here if you can't see it in the post.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If someone ever sweeps me with the muzzle like that they will be eating through a straw and picking broken teeth from the flash-hider.

9/19/2007 6:17 PM  
Blogger Stickwick Stapers said...

Geez, yeah. You gotta teach this guy some rifle etiquette, CARNABY.

Otherwise, pretty cool! I like the beard.

9/20/2007 10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Testing ...

<< Home