Thursday, April 13, 2006

Anti CCW Smackdown

From The High Road:
Today I am in class when my teacher informs us that we have a guest speaker. The teacher is talking about "Gun Violence" and I am immediately annoyed...Guns cannot be violent. So he starts off on Right to Carry. He says "I need two volunteers." Two people raise their hands and he gives one a toy pistol and says "Put that anywhere you want on your body." So the volunteer does and the guest speaker states to the unarmed volunteer "Your job is to attack the armed person and make sure he doesn't get the gun out. Surprise the armed volunteer...don't tell him when you are going to attack." He then looks at the guy he gave the toy gun to and states "When he attacks pull your gun." So what happens is the guy with the gun cannot pull it fast enough. He says "This is why it is not only dangerous for people to arm themselves, but stupid." Now I am pissed. I raise my hand and ask "Can I try a little experiment?" The guest speaker says "Sure, what about?" But is very uncertain. "Right to Carry" I say. The he roles his eyes and says "well lets see what you can bring to the table." So I take three students out of class and give one the toy gun and tell the armed student to hide it and tell them all not to reveal who has the gun. I go back inside with the three and Say to the classmate who was the attacker in the guest speaker's scenario to attack one of the three students I chose. I Tell the attacker "Attack one. Choose anyone you want it doesn't matter. Only one is armed so your odds are pretty good. However; you better choose the right one because if you choose an an unarmed student, the armed one will shoot you for attacking his peer." The attacker looks at me and says "Which one has the gun?" I say "Figure it out on your own." The attacker looks at me and says "I don't want to...I don't want to pick the wrong person and get shot." That is when I look at the guest speaker and say "That is why Right to Carry works." I smile and head back to my seat proud to see the class understanind. Then the speaker states "That is nonsense, If you don't want to believe me you can just leave." So I left and headed home to clean my new 6mm.
Pretty good.

Update: Needless to say, and some have intimated this in comments here and on THR, but the initial comparison was quite idiotic. "Here buddy, have a gun. You've probably never handled one in your life, so show us how idiotic it would be for someone with a concealed pistol to try to defend themselves from a sudden attack, since, of course, that's the only sort there is." What a dip. Put any of us with experience up against our sudden attacker, and he's going to get a good look at the nozel end of our bullet hose. I suppose he did demonstrate that if your going to CCW, you better make sure you train.

6 Comments:

Blogger BobG said...

Hmmm...why does that make me think of this?
http://www.cyberarium.com/images/misc62499/ostrich.jpg

4/13/2006 4:34 PM  
Blogger Ed said...

That was totally awesome.

4/13/2006 9:29 PM  
Blogger Francis W. Porretto said...

This student, whoever he is, has a great gift. I hope he continues to use it -- and to dispel the notion held by the statists that they can "own" this or any other issue by the use of tendentious rhetoric and fear.

4/14/2006 3:02 AM  
Blogger Countertop said...

That is awesome.

Thanks for sharing it.

4/14/2006 7:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I concur with the comments above.

In the case of a "sudden" attack, one's response probably should not be to immediately attempt to draw a concealed weapon. First defend against immediate injury and attemp to disengage to a position where you can successfully draw your weapon and end the attack(er).

4/14/2006 11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just remember, guns kill people, not the person behind the trigger. But then again, if DEA agents can't handle a gun, how can the rest of us 'normal' citizens...

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0411061foot1.html

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LHtlxfcuilM

4/19/2006 11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Testing ...

<< Home