Thursday, February 09, 2006

One More Reason Why the '60s Stunk

Maybe it's a generational thing, but I don't "get" a lot of the movies from the late '60s and early '70s. I'm a big fan of the TV series M*A*S*H, so I rented the movie -- it was unendurable. Just a lot of hullabaloo and hubbub that amounted to zilch at the end. Same with A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum and Cat Ballou and Paint Your Wagon and Catch-22. It's just a lot of crazy stuff happening -- the kind of loony crap that amateur theater geeks love to perform, but nobody wants to watch -- and after an interminable two hours I still haven't got a clue what it was all about. Well, tonight was another world beater. I just watched The Graduate, and heck if I know what the point was except that I now understand the references in Wayne's World 2 and I never want to hear another Simon & Garfunkel song as long as I live. All I can say is, no wonder my parents are so weird, and thank God Spielberg and Lucas showed up in time to give my childhood meaning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Testing ...

<< Home