Thursday, November 25, 2004

Happy Thanksgiving, Ma

My mom died last year about a week before thanksgiving. She'd been diagnosed with liver cancer a couple months earlier. This is the first time I've been home to see this side of the family and be in my Ma's house since she passed away.

We had thanksgiving dinner at Uncle Steve's house. All the immediate relatives were there. Everyone got to see how much my son has grown, and got to see my new daughter for the first time. I got to show off my wife whom I love so dearly. The food was good and the weather couldn't be better. I got to talk a little to my Grandpa about his time in the Marines as a navigator-bombadier during the war in the Pacific aboard a B25 Mitchel.

My mom was 53 when she died. She was a wonderful mother. I'm thankful for that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Testing ...

<< Home