Monday, February 01, 2010

Revenge is a dish best served...

We all went to a "white elephant" Christmas party this year, never been to one before. The kids were supposed to have their own, but in the end, due to limited time, the kids were included with the grownups. The story I have is long, so I'll shorten it: my 9 year old son ended up winning a five piece completer set. Needless to say, this was a bit of a bummer. At the same time, the idiots in our legislature here in Washington State are proposing a new Assault Weapons Ban.

So to get two birds with one stone, my son and I built his first AR. Now, while I specialize in 6.8, I thought it'd be fun to put together a .223 to have around, and it's better for the kid as the recoil is quite mild. Here's the result:



And now everyone is happy. The upper is built with a 16" YHM (read E.R. Shaw) barrel, Troy TRXE 9" forearm, CAA collapsible buttstock, and Young Manufacturing chrome bolt and carrier. The Noveske Flaming Pig flash hider the kid wants on there weighs a ton, so we take it off for shooting off hand for now.

Revenge is a dish best served... on a five piece completer set.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike-ENDOtactical said...

Awesome! The look on his face says it all, he is absolutely thrilled.

I like your choice of parts too!

2/03/2010 5:44 PM  
Blogger Timmeehh said...

You are a good father.

2/08/2010 3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Testing ...

<< Home