Tuesday, July 26, 2005

What's On Your Nightstand?

Mr. Completely tagged Carnaby and me for this blog meme, and, as always, we're happy to oblige.

What's On Stickwick's Nightstand

As they say, a picture's worth a thousand words, so here's a picture (followed by a thousand words).



Fig 1.--Top shelf: a photo of my hubby, in case I'm too lazy to roll over and look at him; bottled water, 'cuz I'm always thirsty in the middle of the night; an IKEA ice-cube lamp; several books (I'm usually reading three or four books at a time). Middle shelf: a Bible; more assorted books; my Springfield 1911 (loaded with Hydrashok JHP); my cell-phone charger. Bottom shelf: an old issue of Military History magazine that I keep mostly to look at the photo of the statue on the back (a Special Forces soldier on horseback in Afghanistan -- I'm obsessed with it). Next to the nightstand: our Mossberg 12 ga., which is usually on hubby's side of the bed, but goes on my side whenever he's away.

Stay tuned for the contents of Carnaby's nightstand, followed by a list of the lucky five who get tagged to carry this on...

Update!

What's On Carnaby's Nightstand

Top: an alarm clock radio and a snazzy lamp of some sort; occasionally whatever book I'm reading, which ain't often, except for my NIV Bible. Top Drawer: my wife's understuff. Bottom drawer: my understuff and my Kimber Ultra Carry II (need some dang nightsights on the thing). On the wall behind the nightstand: a picture of my wife beside our son just after he was born and all swaddled up. Best picture I ever took.

OK, so we're gonna tag...

Kevin at The Smallest Minority (even though he's on hiatus)

Rusticus at Solarvoid

aaaaannnnddd... since everyone else in the blogosphere's been tagged for this already, we also pick Arianna Huffington (har har).

2 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Completely said...

Excellent final choice!!!

7/27/2005 10:16 AM  
Blogger Pipi Longstockings said...

youre witty! and doncha just love the ice cube lamp thingy! im addicted to IKEA lamps.

8/02/2005 12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Testing ...

<< Home