Sunday, January 16, 2005

Proof

I should probably spend more time on this post, but I won't. After being asked many many times by Christians and non-Christians what it would take for me to believe in the Christian God, or any God for that matter, and answering many many times with the same thing: it would take God himself showing himself to me personally or maybe some wonderful, seemingly God-inspired miracle (someone growing a lost major limb back in front of my eyes etc.) to convince me; to give me proof.

Now, after thinking about it long and hard, I realize that my old answer is not true. There is in fact no such thing as a proof for the existence of the Christian God, nor any other God. The Christian God (from here to be known as God) could very well exist, yet no humanly realizable proof for this fact exists or could exist. Strange, no? That God can not prove himself to us. While there are many things he could do that might be convincing evidence of his existence, none of those things are actually proof.

Why? Well, if I get at least two or three responses to this post, I'll answer the queston here (Stickwick, you don't count). Otherwise, I'll just leave that up here and simply ponder it for myself. This also changes my answer to the question of what it would take for me to believe in God, obviously.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Testing ...

<< Home